BIKER BOYZ

Thursday, 25 August 2011

Christian Menzies, who carries the initials ACCA – Always Commancheros, Commancheros Always - tattooed across his neck, took the witness stand yesterday and denied he had killed Anthony Zervas

Christian Menzies, who carries the initials ACCA – Always Commancheros, Commancheros Always - tattooed across his neck, took the witness stand yesterday and denied he had killed Anthony Zervas at Sydney Airport in 2009.Menzies, 29, who had joined the Commancheros Motor Cycle Club in 2006 and was still loyal, though he was no longer a member, admitted he had been involved in the brawl at the airport on March 22 that year when 12 Commancheros confronted five Hells Angels.But he said that after the initial scuffle, he had been solely bent on getting out of the airport, hearing that someone had a gun, and had not seen or heard the violent incident when Mr Zervas was bashed to death with a bollard.Advertisement: Story continues belowHe has pleaded not guilty, along with the Commancheros president,...


REBELS bikie enforcer Julian Ivory was jailed for almost nine years yesterday for brutally bashing a prospective member and demanding protection money

REBELS bikie enforcer Julian Ivory was jailed for almost nine years yesterday for brutally bashing a prospective member and demanding protection money from a Raymond Terrace tattooist.Judge Christopher Robison described the Rebels as an ‘‘almost mafia-style organisation’’ that stood over people and made threats such as ‘‘we can shut you down and blow the shop up’’, Newcastle District Court heard.Ivory, who pleaded guilty to demanding money with menaces and wounding with intent to cause grievous bodily harm, was jailed for eight years and nine months with a non-parole period of five years and three months.He will be eligible for parole in August 2015.The tall and athletically-built 22-year-old joined the club’s Newcastle chapter about 2 years ago and rose to the rank of sergeant-at-arms, the...


Wednesday, 17 August 2011

Killer gets five years for brutal attack

convicted killer wasted no time returning to a criminal lifestyle by attacking a young woman at a party only days after he was released from prison.Chevy Ballentyne, 26, has been deemed a high-risk to re-offend and has shown little remorse for his actions. He is now linked to the Rock Machine biker gang, which is currently waging war in Winnipeg with the Hells Angels.He was convicted earlier this year of hog-tying the female victim, punching her in the face and threatening to kill her during the December 2009 incident. Ballentyne had just returned to the community after serving most of a nine-and-a-half year sentence for manslaughter in a 2002 slaying."Mr. Ballentyne is beyond rehabilitation," Crown attorney Mike Desautels said at Ballentyne's latest sentencing hearing on Monday. He was seeking...


Tuesday, 9 August 2011

Two Comancheros bikie gang members have been charged by police over a brawl at a Northbridge nightclub.

The incident at The Library nightclub on Saturday May 28 left a 25-year-old man with concussion and facial swelling.Gang crime squad detectives will allege that two men, a 22-year-old from Kiara and a 20-year-old from Dianella, knocked the victim unconscious causing him to fall to the floor and then the second man kicked him in the head.Advertisement: Story continues belowThe victim, from Victoria Park, sustained a laceration above the right eyebrow, concussion and swelling to the jaw.Police said the two men have links to the Comancheros motorcycle gang.They have been released on bail, and will appear in Perth Magistrate's Court on August 23 facing one charge each of assault occasioning bodily ha...


Two Finks bikies have been arrested over the shipment of military-style guns from Adelaide to Sydney.

Police said on Tuesday the two guns were found hidden under the boot lining of a car that was stopped at Campbelltown in February this year.One had been modified to be fully automatic but jammed repeatedly when tested, Detective Inspector Steve Taylor of the Crime Gangs Task Force said.Ongoing investigations resulted in the arrest and extradition to Adelaide of a 33-year-old man from Kellyville, in Sydney's west in July.He was charged with two counts of acquiring a firearm and was allowed to return to NSW as part of his bail conditions.Last week a 39-year-old man from suburban Adelaide was also arrested and charged with two counts of supplying a firearm.He appeared before the Adelaide Magistrates Court on August 5 but did not apply for bail.He was due to return to court on Tuesday.Insp Taylor...


Friday, 5 August 2011

crackdown on bikie gangs over the past four years has resulted in almost 900 arrests in South Australia

crackdown on bikie gangs over the past four years has resulted in almost 900 arrests in South Australia, police say.The state's Crime Gangs Task Force has also taken more than 125,000 street deals of drugs out of circulation and has seized 220 guns and more than $1.3 million in cash.Four gang headquarters have also been closed down.But Assistant Commissioner Grant Stevens conceded bikie numbers were on the rise since the High Court ruled against elements of SA's anti-gang laws, increasing to about 240 at present after previously falling from 265 to about 200.The arrests in SA since 2007 included 252 patched bikie members and 639 gang associates.The rising bikie presence in SA was highlighted by what Mr Stevens said was an "overt display of defiance" at Adelaide Airport earlier this week when...


Pages 351234 »
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Favorites More